The Leadership Challenge – follow up
|This is a follow-up to Talent Technologies’ The Leadership Challenge training programme, with a look at how to create a simple leadership growth plan for aspiring leaders!|
The Challenge continues…
In The Leadership Challenge we identified that leadership is a journey where we try to mobilise others to want to struggle for shared aspirations.
Given that it’s a journey, our real challenge is to practise honing our leadership skills every day, achieving those small wins that will eventually accumulate into greater accomplishments.
One way we can do so is by creating our very own leadership growth plan.
In the plan, we break the Challenge we have identified into small parts so that we can make it easy to mobilise others to achieve the small wins. Here’s how to do it:
1. Choose one of the leadership challenges you wanted to work on from your LPI self-assessment.
2. Download the Leadership Growth Plan here.
3. Link the Challenge (Column 1) to an objective you can identify for it at work (Column 2).
4. Clearly define your Strategy (Column 3) – this might well be multi-step with dependencies -if it is, write it down!
5. Look around – who can support you on this Challenge? How can you inspire and engage them? (Column 4)
6. Make it a shared vision if possible and identify a Success Factor (Column 5).
7. Break this down into Steps (an extension from Column 3), which become the ‘small wins’ for your Challenge!
Follow-up to Follow through…
The Leadership Growth Plan is just one way to follow through. It also pays to look at your Leadership Challenge Workbooks and reflect on some of the exercises – what other ways can we follow through on the Five Practices?
Talent Technologies :: Taking your Talent to a Higher Level