9 Ways to be more productive at work
Those of you familiar with the award-winning Thai ‘Peppermint Field’ series of adverts are aware that we cannot always be as alert – or productive – as we would like to be >>
(to watch the video with English subtitles click the link to go to Youtube)
So what can you do if you don’t have any Peppermint Gel to hand? Here are 9 tips to help you with your productivity when the going gets tough…
- Work on the graphics, special effects, or slide show timing of a Powerpoint presentation. Creative work that doesn’t require intense thought.
- Hold one-on-one meetings with your staff or peers, ask them how you can improve, and really listen to what they have to say.
- Let your mind wonder and brainstorm. When you’re conscious mind is tired, your subconscious sort of kicks in and takes up the slack. You’d be amazed at what you can tap into. I get some of my best ideas when I’m half asleep or not even thinking.
- Walk around, talk to people, let your guard down, be yourself.
- If you happen to be writing something, do an outline. The final product always turns out better that way and outlining is methodical work that doesn’t require a lot of brainpower.
- Try a change of scenery, like working outside for a change.
- Take your administrative assistant or favorite employee out for a long lunch and really get to know them.
- Do your expense reports. Yes, my least favorite too, but it is more or less brainless work.
- Tidy up your desk. You’ll feel such a sense of accomplishment when you’re done, it almost makes it worthwhile.
If you liked these, then you’ll LOVE Productivity Factor, our Time & Productivity Management Training Programme that helps boost your professional performance – in only one day!
Talent Technologies :: Management Training in Thailand and Asia