Communicating with empathy
Communicating with Empathy
Communicating with empathy is certainly a virtue in business. Lack of empathy at work can lead to conflict, reduced teamwork and poor customer engagement.
Given this we thought it was a good time to share a video that has gone viral on good old-fashioned communicating with empathy issues between husband and wife. Have a look…
6 hot tips on communicating with empathy
Here are 6 hot tips on communicating with empathy:
- acknowledge the speaker
- use body language, active listening and voice to increase the speaker’s self-esteem and confidence
- give the speaker the impression that he or she is important, valued, and not being judged.
- look at the situation from the speaker’s perspective
- reduce stress and tension
- gain the speaker’s permission before attempting to be proactive
No matter his best intentions, which steps did the husband miss in the video above?
If communicating with empathy is important in your work, have a look at our Emotional Intelligence and Customer Experience Maximisation training programmes which cover this tricky topic Head, Heart and Hand!
Talent Technologies | Taking your Talent to a Higher Level