The Employee Engagement Crisis continues…
The Employee Engagement Crisis Continues
We’ve uploaded a copy of the full employee engagement report here. For those of you who don’t like wading through the detail, here are the highlights:
· A whopping 70% of US employee are disengaged at work
· This is costing US companies an estimated $500bn annually (so we have calculated a cost to companies globally of a stunning $1.2tr)
· Disengagement is higher in companies laying off workers
· The main culprit of the malaise: managers from hell
· Higher academic attainment does not equal higher motivation or engagement levels
All this disengagement does not come without significant costs. Companies with higher levels of disengagement have higher absenteeism, staff turnover, stock shrinkage, salary issues, safety incidents and product defects.
The benefits of having a high engagement company, then, is clear. As well as having significantly lower levels of the above factors, companies with higher levels of employee engagement have increased productivity and profitability, as well as customer engagement levels.
What you can do to stop the rot
In spite of the altogether gloomy picture painted by the report, here are 3 high-impact ways we can help you create a high-engagement workforce at little cost in your company:
1. Hire for Talent. As the Gallup report has shown, talent, not academic credentials, are the key to success. Selecting the right people, and getting them in roles that play to their strengths, is critical for long-term employee engagement. Our talent assessment solution enables you to do exactly that.
2. Create a talent development programme. Utilising the unique talents of each individual, we can help your managers ensure that their direct reports grow every day by working to their strengths.
3. Create a leadership development programme. Overcome the ‘boss from hell’ syndrome by using our training, tools and techniques to create a leadership development programme. We offer two powerful frameworks for this – It’s Okay to be the Boss and The Leadership Challenge.
4. Create a career path to ensure that your employees continue to thrive as they are promoted up the organisation, and thus remain engaged over the long term. You can read about our career pathing solution here.
Reach out to us now…
If any of the employee engagement challenges above sound like areas you would like some help with, feel free to reach out to us now by using our online form here. We’re happy to help!
Talent Technologies | Taking your Talent to a Higher Level